This capable trail bike is ready for the most rugged terrain in Northern Ontario and beyond.
It's right for you if...
You're ready to go full suspension, and you want a versatile trail bike at a great value. You want a ride that's sure-footed, capable, and responsive so you can stay in control no matter where you're riding.
The tech you get
A sturdy aluminum frame with a Knock Block steerer stop to protect against spinning bars. A 140mm RockShox Recon Silver fork, 130mm of rear travel with an X-Fusion Pro 2 shock, a durable 12-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain, dropper post, and hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
You get full suspension performance without the sticker shock. Fuel EX 5 has the same proven frame technology that riders have loved over the years, with parts chosen to keep the price tag low and stoke level high.
Why you'll love it
- You get a high-end ride at an exceptional value with frame features like Boost148 and ABP that give you confident handling and room to upgrade parts as your skills grow
- It has the capability of far more expensive trail bikes: it shreds singletrack and can even handle the occasional XC or enduro race
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- The RockShox fork's DebonAir spring can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it's lighter than a coil spring
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: ML frame has 29˝ wheels
Full build details at Trek's website.